Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless top loin Pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons Pear preserves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Season chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook chops in 1 tablespoon butter in 10-inch skillet, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Combine Pear preserves and almonds with 2 tablespoons water. Stir into pan juices, spoon over chops to glaze.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan combine rice, water, ginger, curry powder, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Bring to a boil. Stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes (20 to 25 minutes for parboiled rice) or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Serve chops and glaze over beds of hot ginger rice. Garnish with almonds, candied fruit, and additional Pear preserves, if desired.