Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hornickel's Glazed Onion Canapes from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Serves: 8
- 1 onion
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8 - 10 crackers
- Sour cream
- Prepare all ingredients by finely dicing the onion and melting half the butter in a small saucepan.
- Turn the burner up to gas mark 5 or medium heat. Add the diced onions into the saucepan.
- Slowly caramelize the onions, adding in the rest of the butter as needed to keep from burning.
- Once caramelized, add the brown sugar and the honey. Combine thoroughly until all the onions are glazed.
- Place onions attractively onto the crackers and finish with a small dollop of sour cream.
Keep an eye on the onions; they burn easily.