- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt (I substituted
- 1 c. buttermilk-because I had it on hand)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lavender leaves
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To prepare cake Edit
vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended
(about 5 minutes).
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with
Stir in lavender.
Pour the batter into an 8-inch loaf pan coated with
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until
a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
To prepare glaze Edit
Combine powdered sugar and remaining ingredients.
Spread over hot cake.
Cool in pan 20 minutes on a wire rack, remove
Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
- Note: To freeze up to 1 month without the glaze,
place in an airtight container, and wrap in heavy-duty
plastic wrap or foil.
- Unwrap and thaw at room temperature 2 hours before
- Prepare the glaze, and spread over cake.