A Catfish recipe.
- 1 pound U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, packed in unsweetened pineapple juice, drained (reserving 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice (from canned pineapple)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (blended with 1 tablespoon cold water)
2. Heat remaining teaspoon sesame oil in a wide nonstick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add fish mixture and stir-fry gently until Catfish is just opaque but still moist in thickest part; cut to test (2-3 minutes). Remove Catfish from pan with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
3. Add Broccoli to pan stir-fry for 30 seconds. Stir cornstarch mixture well, then pour into pan. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly (1 – 2 minutes). Return fish to pan. Add drained pineapple chunks; mix gently but thoroughly, just until Catfish is hot and coated with sauce. Serves 4.