Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Part of Herbs 'N Spices: A Holiday Menu: a complete menu for a holiday open house or buffet-add the appetizers.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds baby carrots
- boiling water
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup hearty mustard, such as a German mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Wash carrots; if any are especially large cut them in half lengthwise.
- Place in a saucepan.
- Add boiling water to cover (or use a steamer) and simmer 20 – 30 minutes until the carrots are tender, but not mushy.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and mustard.
- Cook, stirring, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Continue to cook three minutes.
- Pour mixture over the drained carrots in their pan, tossing to combine.
- Heat several minutes, add chopped herbs, mix and transfer to a serving dish.