Part of Herbs 'N Spices: A Holiday Menu: a complete menu for a holiday open house or buffet-add the appetizers.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds baby carrots
- boiling water
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup hearty mustard, such as a German mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Wash carrots; if any are especially large cut them in half lengthwise.
- Place in a saucepan.
- Add boiling water to cover (or use a steamer) and simmer 20 – 30 minutes until the carrots are tender, but not mushy.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and mustard.
- Cook, stirring, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Continue to cook three minutes.
- Pour mixture over the drained carrots in their pan, tossing to combine.
- Heat several minutes, add chopped herbs, mix and transfer to a serving dish.