Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cinnamon and cayenne pepper give this dish a North African flavor. Want more spice? Add more cayenne pepper.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control—U.S. government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 12 medium carrots (2 lbs), peeled and ends removed
- ½ Tbsp butter
- ½ Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Slice carrots to create coin-like pieces.
- Heat butter and canola oil in a skillet.
- Add carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook until carrots are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Cut carrots into pieces of the same size to cook more evenly.
- Try this recipe with other vegetables, such as squash or cabbage. Use 2 lbs or 4 cups of chopped squash or chopped cabbage.