Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Trapper Estate in Garland, Texas in 1987. Also among the collection from the Stinson Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 center cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups peeled sliced cooking apples
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- Sprinkle pork chops lightly with salt then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet then brown chops on both sides.
- Remove from skillet and drain off drippings reserving 1 tablespoon in skillet.
- Return chops to skillet and top with apples, brown sugar and syrup.
- Cover and simmer 40 minutes.