This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Trapper Estate in Garland, Texas in 1987. Also among the collection from the Stinson Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 center cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups peeled sliced cooking apples
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- Sprinkle pork chops lightly with salt then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet then brown chops on both sides.
- Remove from skillet and drain off drippings reserving 1 tablespoon in skillet.
- Return chops to skillet and top with apples, brown sugar and syrup.
- Cover and simmer 40 minutes.