Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes enough icing to cover the top of one 18 cm cake.
- ⅞ cup (100 g) icing sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 4 tsp water (approx)
- ½ tsp strained lemon or orange juice (optional)
- colouring (optional)
- Sift the icing sugar.
- Put 1 tbsp water into a small non-stick or enamel saucepan with the icing sugar.
- If a mild lemon or orange flavour is required add the juice at this stage.
- Warm very gently, without making the pan too hot to touch on the underside.
- Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- The icing should coat the back of the spoon thickly. If it is too thick, add the extra 5ml water; if too thin add a very little extra sifted icing sugar.
- Add colouring, if liked. Use at once.