Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Elli's veal or chicken with walnuts. Serves 4 people
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 15 finely crushed shelled walnuts
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ lb stick butter
- 2 – 3 lbs of veal or chicken meat, cut up in 1" cubes
- Place the meat or chicken in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Then remove the meat setting it aside in a dish while leaving the remaining juices in the saucepan.
- In another saucepan, add the flour and stir over heat until it becomes light brown in color (do not overcook!) and add the half a stick of butter.
- Then, add the finely crushed walnuts, minced garlic clove, and the two egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add the juices from the other saucepan and stir until all the ingredients thicken.
- Immediately remove from the heat to avoid solidifying the egg yolks.
- Then fold in either the meat or chicken.
- Pan fry the remaining half stick of butter until brown and pour over the four servings.