Elli's veal or chicken with walnuts. Serves 4 people
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 15 finely crushed shelled walnuts
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ lb stick butter
- 2 – 3 lbs of veal or chicken meat, cut up in 1" cubes
- Place the meat or chicken in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Then remove the meat setting it aside in a dish while leaving the remaining juices in the saucepan.
- In another saucepan, add the flour and stir over heat until it becomes light brown in color (do not overcook!) and add the half a stick of butter.
- Then, add the finely crushed walnuts, minced garlic clove, and the two egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add the juices from the other saucepan and stir until all the ingredients thicken.
- Immediately remove from the heat to avoid solidifying the egg yolks.
- Then fold in either the meat or chicken.
- Pan fry the remaining half stick of butter until brown and pour over the four servings.