This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups carrots cut in strips cooked and drained
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 white onion diced
- ¼ cup green pepper diced
- 1 pint tomato juice
- 4 cups green beans drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in covered casserole then dot with 4 tablespoons butter and bake at 325°F for 2½ hours.