Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 16 ounce can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 walnut halves
- ¾ cup chilled whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter then press evenly into spring form pan.
- Bake 10 minutes then cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in bowl on medium until smooth.
- Add pumpkin then beat in eggs one at a time on low speed and pour over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1¼ hour the cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Loosen cheesecake from side of pan then remove side of pan.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Spread whipped cream over top of cheesecake then arrange walnuts on top.
- Refrigerate any remaining cheesecake immediately.