Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 lb hard yellow squash or pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp candied or fresh minced ginger
- Peel Squash and cut into 1" to 1-1/2" chunks.
- Place in a pan, preferably non-stick, with the rest of the ingredients and about 1/3 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and turn heat as low as possible. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until Squash is very tender. Add a little more water if mixture starts to become dry.
- Remove from heat and stir vigorously to break up the chunks, but leave it somewhat chunky.
- Add a pat of butter on top and a sprinkle of black pepper to serve.
- Alternate Method: This can be prepared quickly, and with less danger of scorching, in the microwave. Reduce water to less than 1/4 cup, and process two minutes at a time, stirring and checking.
Recipe from the sneaky kitche.