Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Carrots by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, or ½ tbsp dried ginger
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp white pepper
- a pinch of salt
- Cook carrots in boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender, cool.
- In a sauce pan melt margarine and sugar until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat, cook for 5 minutes to caramelize.
- Add apple juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sauce is reduced to a light syrup.
- Add carrots, ginger and cumin.
- Cook on medium heat until glazed.
- Add salt and pepper.