Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is really yummy, if you like apples, also has a lot of cinnamon and ginger in it. Has a walnut topping that has even more of that cinnamon, ginger good taste. Good served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 pounds granny smith apples
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger.
- Add butter, work into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Gather mixture together.
- Peel apples.
- Halve, core and cut into slices.
- Place in bowl.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon, toss to coat apple slices.
- Coat a 2½ quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon apple mixture into dish.
- Break topping into large crumb pieces, sprinkle over filling.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake 30 min.
- Uncover dish.
- Bake 25 min. or until top is crisp and browned and filling is thickened and bubbly.
- Let cool 15 min. before serving.