Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 16 cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup dark or light corn syrup
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 each beaten egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- miniature chocolate pieces
- Royal Icing for decorating
- In a saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, soda, and cloves.
- Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To make each bear shape dough into one 1 inch ball, one ¾ inch ball, six ½ inch balls, and five ¼ inch balls.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet flatten the 1 inch ball to ½ inch thickness for body.
- Attach the ¾ inch ball for head and flatten to ½ inch.
- Attach the ½ inch balls for arms, legs, and ears.
- Arrange remaining ¼ inch balls atop ends of arms and legs for paws.
- Use chocolate pieces for eyes and navel.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Carefully remove and cool.
- If desired, pipe on bow ties with Royal Icing.