Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8x Lamb rib chops, 1" thick trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup finely-diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely-diced celery
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 tbl honey
- 1 tbl grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbl Steak sauce
- 1 tbl balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbl worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbl chili powder
- 1/2 tbl dry mustard
- 1/2 tbl brown sugar - (packed)
- In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use or up to 3 weeks.
- Brush each rib chop on both sides with about 1 tablespoon sauce. Place chops in center of cooking grate.
- Grill 7 to 9 minutes for rare (140 degrees), 10 to 13 minutes for medium (160 degrees), or 14 to 17 minutes for well-done (170 degrees), turning and brushing with more sauce halfway through grilling time.
- Serve with heated remaining sauce.
- Wine Recommendation: A medium-bodied red from Pauillac, France, will form a fast alliance with the seductively seasoned Lamb.
- beer Recommendation: For a chop made with a fortified wine, a winelike ale; a cherry Lambic from Belgium. You'll be oh so pleasantly surprised.
- Comments: Use either dark or light port wine for this delicious recipe. Serve with grilled green onions and a wild rice pilaf for an elegant meal.