Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons matchstick-size strips peeled fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- Place 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger in small saucepan.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into pan; add bean.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Strain syrup into small bowl.
- Chop ginger.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate ginger and syrup separately.