- Serves 6-8
- 2 ounces fresh young ginger
- lemon or lime juice to cover, about 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons Crispy garlic Slices
- 1/4 cup corn or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Chick Pea flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fine shredded sweet potato, fried in hot oil for about 1 minute
- 2 tablespoons fresh coconut, shredded and fried in hot oil for about 1 minute
- 2 tablespoons yellow split Peas, soaked in cold water for 6 hours, drained and fried in hot oil for about 1 minute
- 2 tablespoons roasted skinless peanuts
- 1/2 cup thin shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Shrimp powder
- 2 tablespoons Shrimp sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn or peanut oil
- 8 medium size garlic cloves and 1/4 cup corn or peanut oil. Cut the garlic cloves horizontally into thin slices
- Heat the oil in a wok, drop the garlic slices in and fry over moderate heat for 2–3 minutes, until the slices turn light brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Cool the oil.
- Place in a jar with a tight cover and refrigerate
- Shred the young ginger into a small bowl and cover it with the lemon or lime juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 days. Then firmly squeeze out and discard the lemon juice.
- Mix the ginger with all the other ingredients including those that have been toasted and fried.
- Serve at room temperature.