- 4 puff pastry shells
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1-1/4 lbs. rhubarb, trimmed, washed, and chopped
- 2 tsp. orange zest, grated
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions.
- Combine water and Sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir until Sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high.
- When syrup begins to boil stir in remaining ingredients, except ice cream.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Transfer rhubarb to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Increase heat to high and boil syrup 10 minutes or until syrup is reduced by 1/3.
- Pour syrup over rhubarb.
- Just before serving, spoon fruit mixture into baked puff pastry shells and top with ice cream..