Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- 3 cups milk
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place 2 and one half cups of the milk along with ginger in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for several minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine remaining milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks in a bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add half hot milk mixture to cold milk mixture.
- Return this to the saucepan with the remaining hot milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into serving bowls and chill until firm.