Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These dumplings are delicious whether you put the classic pleats in them or not.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb ground Pork (from shoulder; not lean)
- Mix flour and half a cup lukewarm water in a bowl until the dough forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until all the lumps have been removed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic for 10 - 12 minutes at room temp.
- Chop half the ginger into fine little bits and cut the other half into small one inch sticks. #Add five tablespoons of soy sauce to the longer sticks of ginger.
- Chop the scallions and add them to a bowl with Pork, finely chopped ginger, and remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Mix the contents of the bowl and then chill.
- Roll the dough into a 26 inch sheet that is less than 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut out 24 round shapes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of pork mix to the dumplings. Pinch edges to seal.
- Boil dumplings for 6 - 8 minutes.