These dumplings are delicious whether you put the classic pleats in them or not.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb ground Pork (from shoulder; not lean)
- Mix flour and half a cup lukewarm water in a bowl until the dough forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until all the lumps have been removed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic for 10 - 12 minutes at room temp.
- Chop half the ginger into fine little bits and cut the other half into small one inch sticks. #Add five tablespoons of soy sauce to the longer sticks of ginger.
- Chop the scallions and add them to a bowl with Pork, finely chopped ginger, and remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Mix the contents of the bowl and then chill.
- Roll the dough into a 26 inch sheet that is less than 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut out 24 round shapes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of pork mix to the dumplings. Pinch edges to seal.
- Boil dumplings for 6 - 8 minutes.