Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Vaughan Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4½ cup ripe peaches peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 box fruit pectin
- Peel and pit peaches then finely chop or grind and pour into sauce pot and add ginger.
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Mix fruit pectin into fruit in sauce pot then place over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Immediately add all sugar and stir.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into hot jars then fill to ⅛ inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with two piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Invert jars for 5 minutes then turn upright.
- After 1 hour check seals.