- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut across in ¼ inch slices
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a 6 x 9-inch baking dish, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, orange zest and orange juice.
- Whisk until the honey is dissolved.
- Lay the tofu slices in the baking dish, overlapping slightly as necessary.
- Spoon sauce on top of the tofu.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the tofu is lightly browned and somewhat firmer.
- Serve the tofu cutlets fanned out on each plate.
Makes 4 servings.