- Mix together biscuit crumbs, sugar and ginger.
- Drizzle melted butter over mixture and toss with a fork.
- Press into 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Peel mango and cut into chunks.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and a few chunks.
- Process mango and pineapple in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and rind, ginger and enough of reserved juice to make 2 cups of fruit mixture.
- Cook fruit mixture until hot but not boiling.
- Mix 2 tbsp sugar and gelatin and add to fruit.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Chill until consistency of thick custard, about 40 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar and beat until stiff.
- Beat cream until stiff.
- Fold all but ⅓ cup of cream into egg whites.
- With electric mixer, beat fruit mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ¼ of egg whites, then fold in remainder.
- Spoon into crust and smooth.
- Pipe reserved cream around edges and garnish with reserved pineapple chunks.
- Chill until firm.