Makes 6 servings.
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mixture
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Combine teriyaki sauce with water in shallow baking dish; add chicken pieces, coating well.
- Cover and refrigerate two hours. Drain marinade from chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok; stir-fry chicken and onion until chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, ginger and wine. Cover; simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Combine cornstarch with water in small bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add to skillet, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Serve over hot rice.