Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated then finely minced
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Boil water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain carrots then set aside to cool.
- Add carrots, apple juice and ginger to blender and blend until smooth. Add ice and continue blending until desired consistency. Serve over ice in tall glasses.
- Ginger Carrot Cocktail from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource