Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated then finely minced
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Boil water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain carrots then set aside to cool.
- Add carrots, apple juice and ginger to blender and blend until smooth. Add ice and continue blending until desired consistency. Serve over ice in tall glasses.
- Ginger Carrot Cocktail from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource