- 1 pound Beef (rouladen)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 3 hot chilli peppers
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp ginger juice
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp hot chilli oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp wine
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Sugar (can substitute brown sugar or honey, if desired)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- chilli oil or chilli powder to taste
- 4 to 5 cups oil for deep-frying
- 1 Tbsp oil for stir-frying
- Cut Beef into matchstick strips, cutting along the grain.(The meat is easier to cut if it is partially frozen).
- To make ginger juice for marinade, peel and grate ginger.
- Squeeze out juice.
- Mix four marinade ingredients. Add to Beef and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Begin preparing vegetables. Cut carrots, celery, and pepper into thin strips.
- Mince garlic. For ginger, use the leftover minced ginger from the preparation of ginger juice.
- Mix the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Beat the egg white and add water. Add flour and cornstarch.
- Mix the batter thoroughly. Drop the batter into the marinated meat.
- Heat wok. When heated, add 4 - 5 cups of oil.
- When the oil is ready, add about 1/4 of the meat/batter mixture. Deep-fry the Beef until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside. Let oil come back to original temperature and add more meat.
- When meat is cooked, clean the wok. Heat and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When oil is ready, add the vegetables and begin stir-frying.
- Pour in the sauce and let come to a boil. Add the deep-fried Beef. Toss quickly, and remove.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve hot.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.