To cut back on the sodium use reduced sodium chicken broth, or make your own. Use low sodium soy sauce. If this does not cut it back enough and you are on a low sodium diet then you may need to skip using this recipe.
- Contributed by Gloria at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Better Homes and Gardens
- Makes 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 Minutes
- Cook: 2 to 3 Hour (high-Heat Setting) + 5 Minutes
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 tbsp dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 x 14-oz cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz dried rice vermicelli noodles or medium noodles
- 1 x 6-oz package frozen pea pods, thawed and halved diagonally
- soy sauce
- In a 3½- to 6-quart crockery cooker, combine chicken, carrots, sherry (if desired), the 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the vinegar, ginger, and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth and the water.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in noodles and pea pods.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
- Serve with additional soy sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- 174 Calories, 3g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 44mg Cholesterol,
- 1050 Sodium, 13g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 21g Protein