Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups chocolate cookie crumbs, divided
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (85 g each) Jell-O orange jelly powder
- ice cubes
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 3 cups whipped cream, divided
- 4 shortcake biscuits (rectangular)
- assorted decorating gels
- coloured sprinkles
- assorted Halloween candies
- Combine 2 cups of the baking crumbs and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry jelly powder in large bowl until completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice cubes to orange juice to measure 1¾ cups.
- Add to jelly; stir until jelly is slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
- Pour jelly over crust. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spread 2¼ cups of the whipped cream over jelly layer in pan; sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup baking crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until jelly layer is completely set.
- Meanwhile, decorate biscuits with decorating gels to resemble tombstones; let stand until set.
- Insert biscuits into top of dessert just before serving.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the remaining whipped cream onto dessert to resemble ghosts.
- Decorate with sprinkles and candies as desired.
- Cut into 16 pieces to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- Sdd ¼ cup flaked coconut to the remaining ¼ cup baking crumbs before sprinkling over the jelly layer if you like.