- Can be prepared in 45 – 55 Minutes and serves 14 – 16 persons.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3½ cups plain flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 40 whole blanched almonds
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- Cream the butter, egg and milk and sift together the flour and sugar.
- Fold the mixture into the butter and stir in the almond extract.
- Knead gently and set to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off lumps of dough about 1 inch in diameter and roll them into balls.
- Flatten them slightly and press a whole almond into the top of each one.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet for 15 minutes or until they just start to color golden.
- Cool and then store in an airtight container.