A vegetable-full curry! Serve this curry over your favorite rice and you're sure to have a tasty meal. If you have carrot-ginger juice available to you, try using it in place of the orange juice - either one is delicious!"\
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped, red, white, or yellow only
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ tablespoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces spinach
- In a large Dutch oven, place sweet potato, Eggplant, peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons oil. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium, saucepan place 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour garlic and spice mixture into the Dutch oven with vegetables in it.
- Add the garbanzo beans, almonds, zucchini, Raisins, and orange juice. Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
- Add spinach to pot and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve hot and plain over rice.