- 2 large red onions, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups canned corn kernels, drained
- 4 firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into rounds
- red wine or cider vinegar, for marinating
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups canned baked beans
- 2 cups canned salmon or other oily fish, drained
- 1/4 pound (125g) snow peas, topped and tailed
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 4 potatoes or yams, peeled, boiled, and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup soy milk
1 Marinate the onions in vinegar for 30 minutes. With a fork, deeply score the cucumber vertically, along the sides from top to bottom, then slice it thinly into rounds. Cut the lettuce in half vertically and then into thin half-moon strips.
3 Using a huge, preferably deep and oval-shaped salad dish, arrainge alternate layers of all the ingredients and dressing until you use most of the ingredients. Leave some egg, snow Peas, and dressing to finish it aesthetically. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. You can also make the salad the day before it is to be served, if it is refrigerated. When ready to serve, slice it like a cake, lift out portions, and serve with your favorite bread.