Kimbap is a Korean snack similar to sushi. A mini roll.
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 10 sheets kim (seaweed sheet, nori)
- 5 mini seafood sausage
- ¼ dan mu ji (pickled radish, yellow)
- ½ carrot
- ½ bunch spinach
- sesame oil to cover the surface of kim
- sesame seed to garnish
Rice Seasoning Edit
Spinach Seasoning Edit
- Cool rice slightly, add seasonings, mix lightly.
- Blanch spinach, drain, squeeze well, mix with seasonings.
- Cut carrot, radish and sausages into ⅛ inch thick strips.
- Saute carrot with some salt.
- Cut kim half in lengthwise.
- Using bamboo roller, place kim, add rice leaving quarter inch on top. Place several rice grains on the top part, and press so they work as a glue.
- Add radish, spinach, Sausage and carrot.
- Roll carefully. Seal with rice grain pressed flat to kim.
- Brush sesame oil.
- Quarter them, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.