Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cream of chestnut soup
- ¾ lb chestnuts
- 1 parsnips, peeled chopped -fine
- 2 carrots, peeled chopped -fine
- 1 celery knob, peeled chopped -fine
- ½ lb veal, ¼" cubes
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Cook the chestnuts shell them and puree them.
- Brown the chopped vegetables with the meat in butter and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 5 cups water, salt, pepper and cook the soup over low heat until vegetables and meat are done.
- Mix pureed chestnuts into cooked soup and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Mix heavy cream with egg yolks whip into the soup.
- Adjust salt serve.