Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 – 10 servings
- 4 – 5 lbs chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup dry red wine or beef stock
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- Trim excess fat from roast and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place oil in pressure cooker and brown the roast on all sides using the brown function or using an old-fashioned cooker without the lid.
- When roast is browned, place the chopped vegetables and gingersnaps around the meat and pour the vinegar mixture over all.
- Cover cooker, raise pressure to high and cook for 80 minutes.
- Release pressure using natural pressure release (just let the pressure cooker cool down) - about 30 minutes.
- When the pressure drops, remove the cover, remove the meat to a platter and cover with foil.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Pour sauce and cooked vegetables into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with the sliced beef.