Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Description: German Rhubarb Cake Edit
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 c. buttermilk or soured milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix shortening, cinnamon, brown sugar, allspice, egg, cloves, salt and vanilla well, then add rhubarb and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and soda alternately.
- Add flour and buttermilk to first ingredients.
- Mix well and pour batter in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 40 minutes.