Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bailey Estate in Roanoke, Texas in 1984. Notation on card indicates this is a family favorite that goes back at least 3 generations. Dated 1934.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound mild sausage
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water.
- Add the salt and olive oil and cook until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a hot skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until they just start to brown.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until the sausage is browned.
- Remove sausage from the pan.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar and white wine vinegar.
- Put this mixture in the skillet the sausage was cooked in.
- Set heat to medium and cook sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Add the sausage and potatoes and toss until all of the potatoes are coated with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.