Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Brown Estate in Garland, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water about 15 minutes until barely tender.
- Drain, peel and slice about ¼ inch thick.
- Preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl beat eggs just until blended.
- Mix in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- In medium skillet sauté bacon over medium heat until crisp then transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings and sauté onion and potatoes until glazed.
- Pour eggs over the potato mixture and sprinkle with bacon.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs are set shaking pan to prevent them from sticking.
- Place under broiler to heat through.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and chives.
- Slide onto a warm platter and cut into wedges.