- 1 kg beef fillet (cut into cubes)
- 200 g onion (sliced thinly)
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced thinly)
- 1 cherry pepper (cut into halves)
- 6 curry leaves
- 3 pieces rampe leaf
- 45 ml coconut oil
- 5 tbsp coriander curry powder
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 400 ml coconut milk
- water (sufficient to cover the meat being cooked)
- salt to season
- Heat the oil.
- Add in the onion, garlic, curry leaves, cherry pepper and rampe leaf and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Add in the beef, curry powder, coconut milk, salt and cover with water.
- Boil over a moderate heat until the meat is soft.
- Add in the coconut cream, adjust seasoning and remove from heat.