- Mix the spices together in a bowl and set aside.
- In the chest and body cavities of the bird you will find some fatty deposits.
- Remove these and set them aside.
- In a large skillet render the bird`s fat until approximately 1 tablespoon remains.
- Add the butter, ½ teaspoon of the spice mixture, and the ginger.
- Saute for 2 – 3 minutes, remove form the pan, and drain the ginger, and set aside.
- Separate but do not remove the skin from the bird.
- Inside the skin place the cooled ginger mixture.
- Be sure to do all sides of the bird with this mixture.
- Take the vegetables, mix them together with the lemon juice and the remaining spice mixture and stuff the 2 body cavities with them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°F place the bird into a large roasting pan and roast for 4½ – 5 hours uncovered.