- Start by peeling all that garlic.
- Now bring a saucepan of water to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn off heat and drop garlic cloves into hot water.
- Let sit in water for 3 to 5 minutes (use the shorter time if you like a sharper raw garlic flavor; the longer time results in a much milder garlic flavor).
- Remove garlic and plunge into (or rinse thoroughly with) cold water to stop the cloves from "cooking" any further.
- Dissolve the salt into the lemon juice.
- Now make a "vinaigrette" with the olive oil, lemon juice/salt, pepper and herbs.
- Place garlic into jars and pour oil mixture to top the cloves.