Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Georgian mixed spices
- ½ cup whole black peppercorns
- ¼ cup whole coriander seeds
- ¼ cup cassia or cinnamon bark
- ¼ cup whole cloves
- ⅓ cup cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole cardamom seeds
- 4 whole nutmegs
- ½ cup ground paprika
- Basically, just place all the spices except the paprika and nutmeg in a blender or adequate grinder and process until it becomes a powder. If necessary you can grind ½ cup at a time.
- Grate the nutmeg and blend this with the paprika into the spices.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Generally in some areas, they lightly toast the spices in an oven to bring out more flavor.
- You can gain this also by putting the amount you're going to use, on a hot dry frypan and toast it for a few seconds before using.
- This not only makes the kitchen smell good, but brings out a richer flavor of any spice.
- You can also use ground spices, but using them whole is the authentic way.
- Four nutmegs come to about ¼ cup ground.
- Be careful how much nutmeg you use; it's toxic in large doses.