Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My grandmother's gentleman friend used to cook this for me quite often and I really loved it! The sweetness of the cabbage is wonderful. This is also a low cost vegetarian meal. Grill or broil a meat for a balanced supper.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 medium potatoes, like Yukon gold
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Dice entire cabbage and Onion and add to pan with butter.
- Cook over medium heat until the cabbage is wilted.
- This will take some time.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut potatoes into bite size pieces and boil in a pot of water till soft.
- Also, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Drain the potatoes and the noodles and combine both with the cabbage mixture in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.