General Cooking Tips
- Contributed by Delma Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to pick the little stringy things off of it. That's how the primates do it.
- Teach your guests this great way to keep young kids involved in the fun when ordering Chinese take-out: give the kids the bamboo tongs to use as chopsticks! Bamboo tongs are easier for little hands to grasp and create less mess.
- Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
- Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
- A green bell pepper has 2 times as much vitamin C as an orange, but red and yellow peppers have 4 times as much! peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating.
- Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
- Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.