Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
General Cooking Tips
- Contributed by Delma Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to pick the little stringy things off of it. That's how the primates do it.
- Teach your guests this great way to keep young kids involved in the fun when ordering Chinese take-out: give the kids the bamboo tongs to use as chopsticks! Bamboo tongs are easier for little hands to grasp and create less mess.
- Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
- Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
- A green bell pepper has 2 times as much vitamin C as an orange, but red and yellow peppers have 4 times as much! peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating.
- Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
- Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.