Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Promise Healthy Heart
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 08.10.07
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 can (14½ oz.) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- ¾ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded ¼-inch-thick and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Promise™ Buttery Spread
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine broth, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, hot chili sauce, sugar and vinegar; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken with soy sauce, then toss with remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch until evenly coated.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt Promise™ Buttery Spread over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- In same skillet, bring broth mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Cook 1 minute or until heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 240 (Calories From Fat 70) | Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g) | Dietary Fiber 2g | Cholesterol 50mg | Sodium 470mg | Total Carbohydrate 20g | Sugars 8g | Protein 23g | Vitamin A 20% | Vitamin C 130% | Calcium 6% | Iron 8%