Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This traditional Spanish cold soup is a tasty way to eat your vegetables. Each serving has two cups of vegetables.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter, Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Contol and Prevention—public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 20 minutes + 60 minutes to chill
- Serves: 6
- 8 large tomatoes, peeled
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size red onion, minced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2½ tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried basil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Core the tomatoes and gently squeeze out the seeds. Coarsely chop half of the tomatoes and puree the other half in a food processor.
- Combine the puree and chopped tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve chilled; garnish with herbed croutons if desired.
- To peel the tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for 15 seconds. Place in a colander and rinse under cold water. The skins should slip right off.
- To seed cucumbers, remove the skin and cut off the ends. Cut in half lengthwise. Gently spoon seeds out of middle.