Gazpacho is a classic summer dish in Spain, light and refreshing.
- 2 pounds Large Red, Ripe (and fragrant) tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- Half loaf day old French Baguette (bread crumbs also work)
- 1 large, Green bell pepper (Italian green peppers are also perfect)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 6 Spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (spicy or sweet)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Quart water
- Chop up bread into small pieces and soak in 1 cup water.
- Dice all of the vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Add bread and then the olive oil, stir.
- Pour three tablespoons of white wine vinegar into the bowl, the paprika, 1 1/2 quart of water and salt to taste.
- Add all of the contents of the bowl along with one quart of water to the blender, and blend for a few seconds until you reach the desired thickness. For thicker Gazpacho use less water.
- Place the blended gazapacho back in the bowl and chill for at least one hour before serving (or add ice cubes).
- You can garnish the bright cold soup with avocado cubes and diced peppers.