Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gazpacho is a classic summer dish in Spain, light and refreshing.
- 2 pounds Large Red, Ripe (and fragrant) tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- Half loaf day old French Baguette (bread crumbs also work)
- 1 large, Green bell pepper (Italian green peppers are also perfect)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 6 Spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (spicy or sweet)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Quart water
- Chop up bread into small pieces and soak in 1 cup water.
- Dice all of the vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Add bread and then the olive oil, stir.
- Pour three tablespoons of white wine vinegar into the bowl, the paprika, 1 1/2 quart of water and salt to taste.
- Add all of the contents of the bowl along with one quart of water to the blender, and blend for a few seconds until you reach the desired thickness. For thicker Gazpacho use less water.
- Place the blended gazapacho back in the bowl and chill for at least one hour before serving (or add ice cubes).
- You can garnish the bright cold soup with avocado cubes and diced peppers.