Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dice the fish into ¼ inch pieces and just cover with water.
- Use a stainless steel, plastic or glass container.
- Add salt, mix and let stand for at least an hour (this is a good time to squeeze your limes).
- Remove the fish from the water and squeeze the moisture from it.
- Mix in the onions and peppers.
- Put the mixture in a large glass jar or a refrigerator container and pour the lime juice in to cover.
- Refrigerate, covered (no metal lids), for at least six hours.
- Serve, chilled, in a cocktail dish with saltines or in small pastry cups as a canape.
- ↑ If Habanero peppers are not available, other very hot peppers may be used with the loss of some flavor. Jalapenos add a very good flavor, but more of them should be used than if using Habanero peppers