Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shrimp rolls. A lovely dish for a chilly day. Use fresh small shrimps for the best result.
- Contributed by CorineJ 12:00, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
- ¼ liter milk or fish stock
- 1 small onion
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- optionally 2 or 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- some chopped parsley
- Wash the shrimps and leave to drain.
- Saute the onion in the butter.
- Mix the milk or stock with the (used) butter and flour and make a thick sauce.
- Bring to taste with salt, pepper, optionally the grated cheese and the chopped parsley.
- Warm the shrimp in this sauce, without bringing to the boil.
- butter the slices of bread on both sides, fry them in a dry frying pan and cover in shrimp ragout.
- Serve on a heated dish.