- 4 servings
- 250 g [8 oz] minced [ground] meat
- 200 g [7 oz] tender young Peas
- 200 g [7 oz] asparagus tips
- 150 g [5 oz] Fresh Beans shelled
- 80 g [3 oz] pancetta (cured Pork meat similar to unsmoked Bacon),1 l [1 3 pt] meat stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 artichokes
- 3 green onions
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- 1 clove garlic
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, finely chop the garlic, green onions and pancetta and gently fry over low-medium heat for 3–4 minutes.
- Turn up the heat slightly, add the minced meat and brown for 5 minutes then add the beans.
- After about 4 minutes, add the stock and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- Clean and prepare the artichokes, cut into wedges then add to the pan; after 2 minutes add the Peas and asparagus tips;
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for about 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven at 200oC [400oF / Gas 6] for 5 minutes, turning over half way through cooking time, transfer to individual bowls and ladle over the soup.